Welcome to 'Listen To The Sirens' a blog based site that aims to share some quality live Gary Numan recordings and Numan related artists. For a number of years I have run a similar site that is focused on The Stranglers (Aural Sculptors). This Numan based site, like the Stranglers one, is absolutely non-profit making. All recordings are shared freely for and by like minded fans. Similarly, no official material will appear on this site. Go and buy it/download it legitimately and support the artist.

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Warfield Theatre San Francisco 8th March 1980

 


This for me is the rewarding part of running a file sharing site such as this. Every so often, but not very often, something long forgotten surfaces. Now, I am not an authority on Numan bootleg recordings, but I think that this one may be new in circulation or it has been in limited circulation. 46 years after Numan's first tour of the US, it is usually the same few gigs doing the rounds and an assumption is made that everything that was recorded is out already out there. I am happy to be shown to be wrong in this instance. Thanks to Juniper Jarro on 101guitars for the share.

Regardless, whether new or not it is a great recording, one of the best if not the best unofficial recordings from the 'Touring Principle' era. 




No comments:

Post a Comment