I was really pleased to get hold of this one again. Thanks to Juniper Jarro (101Guitars) for the upload and to Mark for bringing it to my attention. I did have it some years ago, but it was on an external drive that failed.
I was at this gig in Brighton on what was my second time of seeing Numan. At the time of the 'Berserker' tour I was three months shy of my sixteenth birthday, however the growth spurt common in the teenage years was late in arriving and I was a short-arse. The fact that I am only 5' 8" now suggests that rather than being late the growth spurt was just cancelled. So, when the lights dim for the much anticipated headliner (Larry Loeber did not set my world alight!) and the intro music boomed over the PA I was rather disadvantaged, in that I could see sod all as the band walked on and took up their assigned positions across the stage. I know, thought I, I'll stand on the chair (for some reason this gig at The Dome was seated even in the stalls) which I did. Unfortunately, the seat design was of the type where they fold up, so a slight adjustment of my feet caused the seat to fold, an action that very rapidly sent me backwards into the row behind... much to the amusement of bigger boys around me! I just could not style that one out!
From what I remember of the gig, it was enjoyable with a very representative set of his studio career to date (all albums represented apart from 'Dance'). Quality is so so but then again, this tour isn't documented so well in the audio fossil record (and there is always 'White Noise').
I have no idea whether she has ever seen this site, but this one is for Angela Feeney, a pen-friend (remember those?) from many years ago for whom this was her first Numan gig.
FLAC: https://we.tl/t-NFe19H3u1N42ODhx
Artwork: https://we.tl/t-3TZOoJdpCWFy8Wvg


No comments:
Post a Comment